Not a good week so far. Monday afternoon I was icing my 'famous' Poppy Seed tray bakes when I got flashing lights and disturbed vision. I couldn't leave my icing as it would have set so I quickly took some painkillers and carried on. It didn't take too long and then I sat down and within 20 minutes my vision was okay but I felt very tired and had a pain on the top of my head. Luckily I don't get full blown migraine and this happens rarely, but I felt washed out. Tuesday I felt very tired again and in fact by late afternoon I had a bad headache and felt quite lousy so I went to bed at 8.30pm. Yesterday I was feeling better but my stomache started playing up! I'm falling to pieces! I'm now feeling as though I might be over whateve it was.

I was Oxfam this morning and I'd taken some of my cake in. My Manager drools and has offered to pay me to make her a whole one just for herself. Anyway, later on she said to me that she and one of our other volunteers had nearly come to blows over my cake because the other lady said that I had told her she could take it. She had obviously misunderstood when I said 'help yourself', she thought I meant 'have the lot'. The Manager managed to get one piece! That's like my son when I told him he could have one (sweet) and he thought I meant one packet! Is it me?

What I'm reading: The Unbearable Lightness of Scones by Alexander McCall Smith. This is the 5th book in the 44 Scotland Street series and for me is pure indulgence. It's a light read, amusing and has Bertie (my favourite character) in it. I enjoy all of this author's books and he is most famous for his No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series which was recently adapted for TV.

We have many things that need fixing in the home at the moment and of course it all goes wrong at the same time. The loo seat has broken, as has the handle on the front door and the hoover overheats and cuts out (one week it set the fire alarm off!). I also need a printer as since the one I share with hubby broke he's been using the one our son had (and never uses) which will not work with Vista (the running programme I have on my laptop). At the moment I have to re-save all my documents in Rich Text Format (hubbys computer won't read my files) and email them to him so he can print them off.

My top three all time favourite records are:
God Only Know - The Beach Boys www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_UILNwWrc
Mr Tambourine Man - The Byrds www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVnU_WaTvdc
Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTN5o9Kgu8

I can't put a top 10 together because it keeps changing!
Come on, tell me your top three.

Did anyone watch Glastonbury? I didn't know who any of the people were, apart from Kasabian and Dizzy Rascal. The only act worth watching was Status Quo who know how to string three chords together - or is that four? Sorry, little joke - they were great as usual.

As I was talking about William Orbit last time, I just know you are dying to hear the track (if not, you can skip it but the photos for this video are incredible). www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRqndwCqa5g&feature=related And in case you want to know what the original classical piece sounds like listen to this version www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPDO3Tfab0&feature=related Another good video too.

Comments