A trip to Worthing

Hi folks, I've been away for a few days so that's why things have been quiet.  I went to stay with a friend who lives near Worthing in Sussex.  The weather was pretty dismal, mainly overcast, misty and drizzly and even the sea looked dank and lifeless. Still it was a nice break with time to catch up.  We ate out at lunchtimes and visited Sea Lane Cafe which overlooks the sea at Goring, always a nice place to eat. In the evenings we sat in front of the TV eating toasted bagels with honey (yum!).

 I spent a couple of hours in Worthing wandering around the shops looking for a skipping rope to put in the shoebox to send to Operation Christmas Child.  I never realised skipping ropes were so hard to find!  Finally I found one in a nice little shop that sold original wooden toys.  After that of course I found some in two other shops but they weren't as nice.

I can't get used to the extra hour since the clock went back.  I keep waking early and get up in the end about 6.15am!  I hate the dark evenings and because our weather has been so grey it gets darker even earlier.  Still the first week of Advent is the last Sunday of November and soon there will be the lights on the Christmas tree to brighten life up.  Christmas starts so early in the shops now but I refuse to put my tree up before December. I love Christmas - I'm a child at heart - but it's the build up I like most.  The day is over in a blink of an eye!

Comments