It's only words!

Oh! dear, choir practice was a bit frantic yesterday.  Poor Dominic is concerned that we are not ready with some songs.  He wants us to memorise the words so we don't have to have books in the concerts.  One of the songs we are doing is Baby It's Cold Outside, with added drama as men and women interact with our singing.  There are still some people who have not learned all the words and I admit I struggle with the last verse but I don't use the word sheet.  I have spent time every morning learning them with my cup of tea so I am nearly there.  The other songs are fine.  Some we have sung before and I've remembered the words (usually once I learn words I remember them ever after).  We are also going to perform a song that Dom has written himself and this will be it's first outing.  It has lots of key changes and was difficult to learn but I've got it now.


Next week we will rehearse with the band before our first concert at lunchtime that day.  We will perform in the Rose Theatre Cafe.  We have two other concerts in December.  Back to the word learning!

Comments