A Walk in the park

Had a lovely day yesterday.  A friend and I went for a walk in the Isabella Plantation in Richmond Park.  It was quite windy and a little nippy at times but walking soon warmed us up and the sun felt lovely.  I used to go there a lot when I was growing up but don't get there these days.  When we came out of the Isabella Plantation we walked as far as Pembroke Lodge and had a pasty and hot drink at the refreshment hut there.  We sat in the sun with our food and then walked back.  We had intended to go up to London yesterday but we worked out the cost and decided to leave it until another time.  Richmond Park is free and beautiful.  We saw ducks and plenty of other wildfowl and a deer running in the park.  The wind blew the leaves across the path so fast that they looked like butterflies in the sun. Very pretty.  I should have taken my camera with me!

Comments