A day in London

St James, Piccadilly
Had a lovely day yesterday.  I took myself off to London to see the Horse exhibition at the British Museum.  Horses are my favourite animal and this exhibition traced it from Arabia to Ascot with very interesting artefacts and information.  Whilst there I also saw the Picasso Prints and an exhibition of Chinese brush and ink drawings.  I have to say I much preferred the Chinese art!
Russell Square

When I came out I wandered over to Bloomsbury Square and sat there for a while before walking on to Russell Square where I sat and had lunch.  I then got the tube to Piccadilly Circus so that I could have a look at St James Church - one of the churches mentioned in the book London's 100 Best Churches.  I still have 90 to visit!

Coming back through Trafalgar Square there was a cordoned off area where there was a stage and two large screens.  This was all to do with West London Musicals with performances from different shows.  It was free to go in but the queues were too long.  Little did I know that Joey from War Horse was there. I only found that out via Facebook later in the day (sob!).

Southbank - note play areas with coloured sand

I walked back over the River Thames to the Southbank and took some photos before coming home.  Just to mention that when I arrived in London in the morning Waterloo Station was packed with race-goers to Ascot.  Trying to get a photo wasn't easy.  I noticed that the new escalators had been put in to Waterloo East so I went up there but there were still workmen around and the side was cordoned off with corrugated sheets!  So I ended up coming back down and taking my photo while on the escalator.  The lengths I go to for the sake of art!!
Race-goers waiting for a train to Ascot

Comments