Death of laptop.....but still blogging!

Have resorted to genius son's old laptop as mine has died.  My son reformatted it last night but this morning it was 'no can do'.  This old laptop works better than mine has in a long time and his keyboard is almost the same as mine so I have no problem using it.  It has become a friend already.  However, I do need to buy a new laptop as there isn't as much memory on this and all my files are backed up on a memory stick.  At least I can operate with this for essentials (email, Facebook, blogging) so I am not cut off from everything.

Just finished the book Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.  I bought it at a second hand stall - it had good write-ups....bestseller and all that.  I thought it was a love story.  Well, it is of sorts, but from the beginning I was feeling 'when is this going to get going?'  I realised the school 'Hailsham' was something a bit sinister, or preparing the kids for something sinister, but the environment was supporting, yet the story was so slow moving and never seemed to get to the point until nearly the end when things are explained but for me there are still questions about the 'donations' these special children had to make and why didn't they just quit.  Anyway, I found the book a bit of a slog and was glad to finish it. I'm now reading  House of Orphans by Helen Dunmore.  I bought a batch of her books second hand.  I much admire her writing.

The sun is out today so I can finally get my washing done and maybe even sit outside if the sun lasts!

Comments