Back in the swing!

On Friday I returned to the Over 50's rackets at the local Adult Education Centre.  As it's pay-as-you-go I felt I could ease myself back into sport without paying a chunk of money up-front.  I had to pluck up the courage to go back as I've not set foot there for about three years due to tennis elbow, which made me stop playing, and then a succession of other things including the shoulder problem I had last year and early this year.  Now the knees have recovered I felt the time was right to give it a go.

There is only one lady I remembered from before.  Everyone else is new, including the coach.  I played one game of badminton and three short tennis matches.  I did notice that smashes caused my shoulder to object but otherwise it went well.  I'm feeling okay, though the top of my legs and my back ached yesterday.  I've missed playing so much.  Just getting into sports wear made me feel good!  I hope I shall get fit again and lose the tummy bulge!

Comments