A sad loss

It's been a strange week.  Two people I know have died in the last week, one in tragic circumstances which I couldn't get out of my head and the other was a lady I have written to as a penpal for probably thirty years.  We met up when she was visiting Bournemouth and my hubby and I went down for a few days (we'd only been married for a few months) and we met at her hotel.  It was while I was in Bournemouth that I discovered I was pregnant and I hung on to that secret for a few days as I just wanted me and blob together for a short time!  When I wrote to my friend shortly after that she said she 'knew'!

Anyway, I am going to miss her so much.  We had a lovely friendship and she'd recently been given an iPad and I was really proud of her for mastering it.  We were in  contact even more and she was emailing photos of her great granddaughter.  She regularly read my blogs and I was joking that we would have to get her on Facebook next!

I was lucky that my friend's daughter knew of me and emailed me to let me know that her mum was in hospital and then wrote this week to tell me the sad news.  I will never forgot her so I dedicate this page to her.

Comments