Magazines, autumn and fireworks

I have found two magazines I rather like, both are on the same lines.  One is called Landscape and the other is  LandLove. They both cover similar areas - wildlife, gardening, cookery, traditional crafts  and events and they both have lovely pictures.  I found Landscape purely by chance in the Co-Op and the other magazine in Tesco.

I don't buy womens' magazines very often anymore.  So many of them are full of celebrities and what they are doing.  I really don't care on the whole!  I'd much rather read about rearing chickens (I'd love to do that if I had the room in the garden - hubby would like a bee hive!), Shire horses (I've always loved them) and about a sculpture garden (on my list to visit).  I can't see these magazines going into the recyling bin for a while yet as I find I return to them for a recipe or just to look at the pictures again.

Autumn colours are beautiful aren't they?  I've been in the garden taking photos of the sky as dusk begins to fall.  The birds are all flyng home and tonight is firework night.  I love fireworks but I hate standing about on cold wet grass watching.  Now the kids have grown up we don't tend to buy our own so I watch from the window if there are any good ones in others gardens!

If you are having or going to a firework party have a good time.

Comments