Books, dieting and singing

My craving has been satisfied - I have some books.  In fact I'm already over three quarters the way through Sunshine on Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith.  It's a nice easy read and most amusing.  I love all the characters, especially Bertie, the little boy who has just managed to exchange his much hated strawberry crush dungarees for Tofu's black jeans.  Unless you have ever read these books you won't have a clue who I'm talking about but poor Bertie (aged six and three quarter)s has an overbearing mother who insists he needs therapy, does yoga, Italian classes and plays saxophone!

Anyway, today the choir I sing in got to perform the concert which was cancelled just before Easter.  This meant that I wore the trousers which sparked off the diet.  I know you are all wondering how this has been going.  Well, it's had its up and downs but at least the trousers are not as tight.  I didn't do any particular diet, just cut portion size, cut biscuits, chocolate, cake and cheese and ate more fruit and drank more water.  This is still basically what I am doing but cheese has snuck in a little and last week I went to a fundraising tea party with sandwiches and cake.  I had three pieces of cake but they were only small pieces, honest.  The other night I had a craving for chocolate - I had a cheese scone instead, drat!  My sport class restarted on Friday so at least I am getting some exercise again.

The concert went well with us singing in Yiddish and some South African languages. We ended with our favourite Perfect Day and did an encore of the Yiddish song.
Euphonix Community Choir








Comments