Family 'do' in London marred by rotten cold

The Shard from the outside
This cold is edging into a third week and is being most difficult to shake off.  I had people staying over the weekend and it was hard to keep going at times and yesterday there was a big family get-together in London with hubby's family in celebration of a sister-in-law's 50th birthday and hubby and my 25th wedding anniversary (which is today).  My bag consisted of many tissues, painkillers and water!


Looking up from the 72nd floor to the top

We met at The Shard and quickly rose in lift to the viewing floors.  Wow!  the views are spectacular.  The top floor (72) is open to the air.  Took many photos and we were lucky to have such a sunny day.  We then went for a drink in Southwark before boarding a boat along the River Thames to North Greenwich.  There we took the cable car across the Thames to Victoria Docks (which I did last year for the first time).  Again the views were great.  We stopped and had a late lunch and then we parted company.  They were all going back to Hackney and later for a meal at a Turkish Restaurant but I was feeling jaded by then so I'm afraid I came home and only my hubby from our family went with them.

As soon as I got home I had a cup of tea and then fell to sleep for about half an hour.  I really wish I had more motivation but I can't be bothered to do anything.  Looks like I'll miss choir again tomorrow but I hope I pick up soon as I have a ticket to see the Ice Age Exhibition at the British Museum on Thursday and a day out planned with a friend for Friday.

Comments