Morley Gallery - last chance to see WWI exhibition

After my art course today (modern sculpture - not my favourite) I visited Morley Gallery which stands on the corner of the street running between the collage and gallery. It was my last chance to see their World War I art. For a small gallery it does really well. Cosy and intimate without the crowds of larger galleries it is a pleasure to visit. The walls were covered with paintings, a few by those of the Artists Rifles (perhaps a little less well known, which is why I can't remember a name!) but I do remember the Study for an Advanced Dressing Station in France by Henry Tonks who was a surgeon and art teacher.

As well as paintings there was trench art, postcards, posters, plates and a gramophone. The exhibition finishes on 2nd October so you will have to be quick to catch it but it is well worth a look.

Comments