Walking holiday - travelling home

Taken from the little train at Amberley Museum
Typical - the day we left was looking pretty good as we ate our breakfast (we were almost the last down!). It was time for farewells. We'd met such a nice bunch of people and now we were all going back to our ordinary lives. The night before we had tortured ourselves by looking to see what was on the menu the evening we left and saw the notice for the tea and cakes in the afternoon for the new arrivals.

We decided that we would have a stop-off in Storrington on the way back. It seemed to have lots of shops worth looking at, including a combined tea shop and book shop. So we set off and then somehow missed the turning! What is it about Storrington that wishes to remain a mystery to us? I told my friend not to worry, that we could find somewhere else to stop instead. The thought of driving around in circles, while funny the first time, didn't hold the same appeal twice! We considered stopping at Dorking, a place I'd not been to in years but then my friend remembered a park she'd been to in Crawley. Crawley doesn't sound like a place for green spaces and my visit there in another life time didn't leave much of an impression but Tilgate Park was lovely. See pics below:






We had a short walk around the lake and it would be worth visiting again at another time as there are plenty of footpaths to take you on longer routes. This is also the home of the adventure site Go-Ape and plenty of families and groups were walking the rope walkways and zip-wiring down into bark filled landing spots. Conveniently there is a cafe and toilets and on a hot day I'm sure the park would be busy. The car park was filling up as we left.

Go-Ape



And so after Crawley it seemed no time at all before we reached home, despite a few traffic hold ups. Since coming home I have been quite lazy, spending time reading and listening to music, having the odd nap in the afternoon! But I got back into my writing a few days ago and I'll post on my other blog about that.

I seem reluctant to book courses and get into the mad life I sometimes lead. It will start soon enough. I'm gradually looking to see what's out there. I've made notes of some things that interest me but as yet I haven't done anything about it. I am drifting......and maybe that's what I need right now.

Comments