A celebration and an exhibition

Went to a friend's 60th birthday bash yesterday. She held a garden party - such a lovely idea. The weather was overcast but it didn't rain. There was a marquee with lovely food and hot drinks, plus two punches and other drinks.

My friend had booked a caricaturist and hubby and I both had ours done. Nice bit of fun and an unusual idea. The cake had two sparklers, one with 6, the other with 0. The 0 wouldn't light so my friend said that being 6 was much better!

My big day is also approaching but will be very low key! At the weekend I applied for my 60+ Oyster card and I've been told my application has been approved. The card should arrive within the next few days. With free travel within the London area I shall be off all over the place.

The book pledge I took at the beginning of the year
was broken last week when I was at the Christian Resources Exhibition at ExCel. I came home with four books, though one was free, so doesn't count. Two were reduced to £2.50 and £3. I only paid full price for one book. They are non-fiction so I don't feel so bad about it and because I've read so many books lately I had room to put them in the cupboard.

My goodies from the CRE
The exhibition itself was smaller than when it was at Sandown. My friend and I went to an Inspiring
Women short conference (two hours) but it was poorly attended. Such a shame as it was very good.
It seemed some of the other lectures also lacked numbers. While we waited outside the room for our conference we could hear the guy finishing his lecture. It sounded all 'fire and brimstone' and made us giggle! Can't bear all that. While there I also picked up some free magazines and went to say hello to the Community of Aiden & Hilda stand. I always get drawn there and I have been on two Celtic Christianity retreats in the past, which is run by them. I was told there is one in September so I'll have to keep my eye open for that.

Well, I think it's time for another cup of tea!

Comments