Parks, Canals and a Roof Top Kitchen

Regents Park - Lunch stop
Today was a meet up with a friend in London. I had it all planned - where we would go, what we would do, how we would get there. We had excellent weather and I had my maps! Research and planning is something I enjoy doing for trips out. I was looking forward to a fun day with my friend.

So where did we go? We started from St John's Wood tube station and walked toward Regents Park where we stopped for lunch. We ate outside and watched all these mad people running during their lunch breaks! We then went to Primrose Hill to observe views across London and sat down for a while to chat. Afterwards we wandered down to Regents Canal, passing London Zoo and ended up in Church Street where there is a market and Alfie's Antique Market. This place is wonderful. Outside, the building is decorated in the Art Deco style and inside, well wow - I wish I could have taken photos (sadly none allowed). They had everything. Most impressive were the huge lights in glass. One of them would almost fill my lounge ceiling. Interesting and unique furniture was set into small rooms. The place was a mass of corridors, small shop spaces and stairs - quite confusing, but wonderful. There was even a feature pond with fish in it! On the top level is what the whole trip was about - The Roof Top Kitchen. I spotted this through an email I got and thought this has as to be seen, and I planned our trip round it. We had tea and cake outside among the London rooftops.

Here are some photos I took of the day. The Roof Top Kitchen is quite near Marylebone Station and definitely worth a visit if you can get there (there is a nice comfy sofa inside if the weather is bad).

View from Regents Park

View from Primrose Hill

Primrose Hill

Primrose Hill

Regents Canal (London Zoo to the right)

Regents Canal

Regents Canal

Alfies Antique Market

Aflies Antique Market

The Roof Top Kitchen

The Roof Top Kitchen




Comments