Four trips in one week!

It has been a busy week. Four trips out! So, here we go - something arty, something kind of sporty and outdoorsy, something flowery and something foodie.

First up - Sicily: Culture and Conquest at the British Museum. The exhibition follows the island's history and how the art changed as it was conquered by different people. Having been to Sicily I have seen first hand the contrast of architecture, combos of Norman and Arab cathedrals, Byzantium and Islamic artwork, Greek temples etc. It is such a diverse assortment of buildings and art. the exhibition is on until the 14th August, so there is still time to catch it.

Second - Wimbledon. No, not the tennis as such, more the area while the tennis is going on. I took the bus to the nearby town and then walked up the hill to Wimbledon Village to look at the displays in the shop windows. Most shops make the effort to do something for Wimbledon fortnight. Taking photos wasn't easy as there was a lot of glare on the glass, so one window I really liked never photographed well. Still, I have a couple of others which were okay. From there I wandered up to Wimbledon Common and chose a pathway to stroll on. The common is lovely. I saw lots of butterflies, some horses and the peace was wonderful. I must walk there again. It's so close by, yet I rarely go there. I made my way back down into central Wimbledon and discovered the big screen with all the deck chairs positioned in front. And that was my Tuesday trip.



Wimbledon Common






Third - Hampton Court Flower Show. I went with a friend yesterday. We had tickets for 3pm onwards because it is a little cheaper. It was very busy but wonderful. I forgot how big and spread out the show is and even though we did see most things I know there were bits we had to glance at. Time just went and we didn't leave until the show shut at 7.30pm. The colour and displays are overwhelming and it is hard to know where to start to photograph them.  Here is s small selection. Show ends tomorrow.











Fourth - The JustVShow combined with The Allergy & Free From Show at Olympia. I went with hubby and though we were only there for a hour we saw what we wanted to - tried some food, asked our questions and picked up our goody bags (two each). Loads of vegetarian and vegan foods were on display and to nibble, cookery demos, theatres with talks and plenty of people to advise on those things you want to know or get answers to. I was thrilled to buy the Tofu press. I saw this online a while back and meant to buy it. I forgot about it until I saw them at the show. Even techie son is excited about my purchase. We are a right pair! Also bought some gelatin-free marshmallows. Mmmm! The show finishes tomorrow, so you will have to hurry for this one.






Contents of the goody bags


So, there you go. Quite a week


Comments