The final leg (or knee) to recovery and a lunch date.

Techie son, who broke his kneecap back at the end of February this year, today went into Day Surgery to have the wires removed. I dropped him there at 7.45am and he was first on the list and was back home around 1.30pm. He said he was surprised at how well he felt, considering how traumatic the first operation was. Everything has gone well and he was able to walk out on crutches and is already managing the stairs. In two weeks he will have the dressing changed and has his first physio assessment. He had already been doing some gym sessions at the hospital but could not kneel down due to the wires. He is now taking a nap and is on plain painkillers (not like last time with three sets of the strong stuff).

It's been a long haul for him and he finally seems positive about his recovery. I'm glad all the operations are done with and hope his life will get back to normal soon now. The staff at the unit were lovely and I cannot praise them enough.

Yesterday I attended a singing workshop run by Euphonix, who I sing with. In the summer we run several workshop which are open to the general public. We are so popular that we have had to close the waiting list for now so this is a chance for others to see what it's like singing with us under the fantastic direction of Ben Crawley. Yesterday the workshop was all Beach Boys songs so I was in my element! I'm so nerdy about the group that I even know who in the band sings which part - sad or what?

Anyway, my son met me after the workshop ended. I think he wanted a walk before he went under the knife! We had lunch together after I'd dragged him round a couple of shops and then we wandered down by the River Thames. I took a few photos. It was a lovely day after a cloudy start.

Ducks on the River Thames at Kingston 






Comments