Going vegan for a month - Day seventeen

I have a pounding headache through lack of sleep (my son wasn't well last night). That makes two sleep deprived nights. I spent time working on my course, had a late lunch of tomatoes on toast and watched an old black and white Ealing Studios film.

I have done some reading and am now thinking about dinner. I so enjoyed the pasta dish the other night I've decided to make it again. I've eaten all the tomatoes so I shall cook something else to serve with it. Then I'm going to read some more and watch Planet Earth II tonight on TV followed by Humans.

I should talk about something vegan. Let me see. I did a spot of website browsing through links I got on Facebook and came up with these - Vegan Made Breezie and VeganTown.co.uk a vegan chocolate store. Go check them out on Facebook.

I have to say that being vegan is getting easier and I think that even when this pledge is over I shall try to stick with most of the changes, though it won't be so easier when out, and if I slip I'm not going to beat myself up about it. At some point I want to read up about the honey issue. I love honey and for a while hubby looked after some hives at a local beekeeping association. His father kept bees as did his grandfather. As long as the beekeeping causes no harm to the bees then I see no reason why I can't eat honey. In Holland & Barrett the other day I was given a free sample of a hand cream containing honey. I won't use it until I finish my pledge, but I shall use it. Anyway, I shall got to the Vegan Society website and read up on honey and come back with my thoughts.

Served with onion, carrot and green pepper - topped with seeds
(Really needed another avocado but only had one. Tasty none-the-less

Comments