Going vegan for a month - Day Twenty-six

You know how it is. You go into the kitchen to make a cuppa and there is a packet of Digestive biscuits winking at you. What I'd really like are chocolate coated ones. But I can't. I've come this far. I'm not giving in now. Did I tell you about the day I made Rice Pudding and automatically greased the dish with butter. I had to wash the dish and start again. You see, I am taking this seriously. But I do have cravings. I'd stopped my cravings for Horlicks until I was lying awake last night and I could almost taste it.


Today I did a trip over to Tesco. I'd gone for chips and tomatoes really but found myself trawling the Free From aisle in search of an alternative chocolate bar. They didn't have any Mini Moos. I shall have to go into Holland & Barrett for those. But I did find something else and they came in a choice of  'white'or 'milk'. I had such a hard decision to make on which one to eat after lunch. I wondered if I could justify one of each. No, no, that's piggish! Besides think of the fat content.

For lunch I fried tomatoes and red onions and had them well seasoned on toast, followed by a diary-free yoghurt (and then a 'chocolate' bar).




I have five days left on my vegan pledge. I've been loving the food but I wonder if I will go binge eating on chocolate and buttery things at the end? I told techie son that I was going to try and stick closer to veganism. I'm still not sure I can go the whole way yet but I am not far off. It's certainly easier to do than years ago when I first did it. Companies are wising up (they probably actually see profits in it with all these weird people with their allergies and preferences). It's great to have such a choice and it's tasty. I'm actually salivating at the thought of a visit to Pret A Manger tomorrow. Sad or what?


Now here is a great idea. Tesco sell these frozen bags of wonderful tasty rice and grain dishes with vegetables. I've had them before and I love them. You stir-fry the contents straight from the freezer. So dinner tonight is a Waitrose chilli burger with this to which I added extra red pepper and some greens. Very tasty.


I wonder what tomorrow will bring food-wise!

Comments