And we were chanting 'Come on you Spurs'

Matching shirts
I've been a fan of Tottenham Hotspur since 1967 when I was at secondary school, yet in all these years I have never been to see them play. When techie son was younger I did take him to White Hart Lane for a tour of the stadium (he is a supporter too). It was a wonderful day ending with an expensive buy in the club shop!

On Sunday I finally got to see my team play with techie son. My sporty son (who often goes to see Fulham play, though is a Newcastle fan - we've seen them play and done the stadium tour!) applied for tickets and got them. So, off we went with our matching Spurs shirts to join the throng of away supporters at Fulham's Craven Cottage. Wow! So exciting to see my favourite players - Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane play. Being at the mixed seating end it seemed the seats were superfluous. Everyone stands. If you don't stand you see nothing! Sporty son was up the other end behind the other goal with his mates - never saw him! (Apparently they were all sitting!)


The noise level of a full scale chant is as loud as being at a rock concert. My ears were ringing and I had to shout to make myself heard. At half time I went off to find the ladies. As I exited the seating area I was overwhelmed by a sea of people sanding around drinking. No one wanted to move and I had to weave and push my through and finally had to ask where the toilet was because I couldn't see a thing. They were underneath the seating area and here it was quiet and I finally got to sit down! I have to say for a football club the ladies loos were well looked after and I didn't even have to wait for long - there are more men than women at football matches. Finally an advantage in the toilet wait! I made it back in time for the second half and even got to sit for a few minutes.

Spurs triumphed (I did feel sorry for the dejected Fulham) with three goals to Fulham's none. And then it was all over with only the sea of exiting to face. Play day scarfs once £5 were now down to £2 (though I didn't buy one). I did buy a programme as a reminder of our day and texted sporty son to thank him again for purchasing the tickets for us.

Harry Kane

Christian Eriksen

Group huddle 

Warming up

Mauricio Pochettino (Manager)

A quick photo

March play - second half

It's all over!

Comments

  1. As a Fulham fan, I am delighted to hear of your good experience at Craven Cottage, even though my team were on the losing side. Tottenham put out a very strong side. In fact, it was 0 -3 to Harry Kane. To use the usual cliche, Fulham can now concentrate on trying to get into a Championship play-off place. Come on you Whites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look to see how Fulham are doing because my younger son goes there a lot. Strangely when I had my first job there was girl who was a big Fulham fan and she got me a Spurs rosette from a guy selling them at the ground. I still have it! Be good to see Fulham back in the Premiership.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment