The ever lingering school equipment

 Some weeks ago I was talking about colouring books - I have about three now. Well, today I bought an adult dot-to-dot and have already started on it. It's fun trying to work out what the picture might be.

Later I decided I'd like to do a spot of colouring so I stuck on a CD and away I went. I'm still using the colouring pencils I bought for the kids when they were at school. In fact I am still using up some of their old school books (I couldn't just throw the paper away - all those poor trees that died for these books). I have collection of notebooks, sketch books, even old maths books with those little squares in them. They all get used. I even use a pencil case my youngest son used at school and has his name written in ink on the front! And don't even start me on the art equipment - brushes, watercolour, graphite pencils, acrylics and I still have my charcoal from my days of dabbling in art. I cannot put any of it out.

And while we are on the subject of school stuff I also have around four of my eldest son's projects, several I helped him with! When he left school he wanted to throw the lot away. No way! My younger son does have a folder of stuff he's kept, which surprises me as he ditches things regularly. My hubby still has a lot of his old school books in the attic. Me? I have only my school reports. Everything else I threw away!

What do you still have of your children's things? What can't you part with?

My work in progress


Comments