Mike & The Mechanics concert

I think the last concert I went to was Brian Wilson performing the Smile album at the Royal Festival Hall. That was few years ago now.

On Tuesday evening hubby and I went along to the Shepherd's Bush Empire to see Mike & The Mechanics. Who remembers them? Mike Rutherford formed the group way back as a sideline to Genesis (remember The Living Years?)and I have two of their older albums. They brought out a new album called Fly this year (or was it Christmas? Time flies) and hubby bought it for me. I love it, so when I saw they were ending their tour back in the UK I got some tickets.

They were brilliant. They even performed two Genesis songs, much to everyone's delight. There was a mix of old and new songs. I tried not to sing along to much as I had choir practice the following morning and know these events can ruin your voice for a while afterwards. A great evening. Here are some pictures and a taste of their new music.

Mike Rutherford, left





Comments