Southbank Art

Life is hotting up what with the Public Art walks, choir, sport and taking part in NaNoWriMo. I've also been to the theatre twice, no, three times since October, two great comedy's and one starring Laurence Fox (yes, I did go because I wanted to oggle him!).

Anyway, to say that housework (never high on my agenda) has taken an even greater nose-dive in the last three weeks is an understatement. I'm getting by on the basics! Still, housework will always be there. I've tried doing it and ignoring it but it makes no difference. It never goes away.

I digress. This week the art walk (Morley Walkers/Walk London With Us) took place along the Southbank in London. I know this part of London well. I feel it's mine. I know all the important stuff  - the bridges,  the buildings, the book stalls, the skatepark, Gabriel's Wharf, the Oxo Tower, the art and, the very important bit, where the toilets are!

It was a cold and drizzly day as we made our way, passing the Nelson Mandela Statue (our starting point) and along by the Royal Festival Hall and National Theatre (a great example of Brutalist art). We came off the river briefly to see one piece of street art and to walk through Gabriel's Wharf and then further on down to Blackfriars Bridge, ending at Tate Modern.

I had spotted a Cafe Nero along by the Oxo Tower and a hot chocolate was calling me! So when split up I headed back the way we'd come and warmed myself over the said hot drink and a panini.

Here are a few photos:
Street Art by Grems



Marmalade Sandwich anyone?

Oxo Tower

London Pride by Frank Dobson



Skatepark





Comments