Weekend in Aylesbury


The weekend before last I went to stay with a friend who recently moved to Aylesbury, a place I'd never been to before. This was a great opportunity for some exploring. One day my friend had to work, so in the morning I set off for a walk by the Grand Union Canal. The trees were just beautiful in their autumn colours. Coming back into town I discovered a statue to Ronnie Barker outside the theatre (I said hello!) before stopping to have a hot chocolate and walking back to the house. In the afternoon I actually did some work. I'd taken a couple of chapters of a novel I'm working on and spent some time editing by hand. It was time well spent.

On the Saturday we headed into Aylesbury where I took some photos and later we visited a wonderful craft fair. On the Sunday afternoon we headed out to Marsworth Locks for a walk and came back via Tring. Here we stopped to see the river of poppies pouring from the window in the church. In fact the town had 'gone to town' with their decorating. Their benches had white and purple poppies, red crocheted poppies hung from railings, gates and trees in the churchyard. One of the best displays I've seen. Anyway, here are just a photos of my trip. I can't get all the photos to go where I want them so I'll post the rest in the next post. Sometimes Blogger drives me mad!

Grand Union Canal at Aylesbury



Me and Ronnie Barker!
The King's Head, Aylesbury

David Bowie has a connection to a club in Aylesbury

------



Comments