A garden week


This week I'd hoped to visit a photographic exhibition, but unfortunately the friend I was to go with was ill. As the exhibition is on until May we should be able to re-schedule.

Instead I have been taking photos of the lovely spring flowers in the garden, and got up one morning to see the moon in blue sky. It was calling me to take my camera outside. The last time attempted a moon picture I found the battery in my bridge camera was flat and had to take some poor quality ones with my mobile phone. This time I was ready!

As well as cutting the grass (I cannot ever remember cutting the grass in February before), I spent several hours a day sitting in the sunshine reading a book. So, a lazy week, though I did play short tennis on Friday.

Tomorrow is sporty son's birthday and I've baked him a chocolate cake (hubby bought the candles!). The least I can do since it took my ill friend mentioning his birthday for an 'Oh' moment. Not that I shall see him much on his birthday as he is playing football in the morning then rushing home to change before he sets off to Fulham (he is a season ticket holder). I remember when he was five years old and took Newcastle FC to his heart (he liked the black and white strip) and cried when Les Ferdinand left. Then this year when techie son bought him a Newcastle top for Christmas he said I don't really follow them now. WHAT!? So, while they are a passing glance to him now, I still keep an eye on them and wish them well. After all, who was it that booked a family holiday in Whitley Bay when the kids were younger so we could tour around the Newcastle ground? And who booked tickets to see them play Juventus while we were there? Ah! the things you do for your kids. He will be twenty-seven tomorrow. Where have the years gone?

I have decided to move book reviews to my other blog where it fits better. I've got very lax about writing them, but hope to make more effort there. This blog has become more to do with places I visit - art exhibitions, museums, walks and day trips. While the current list is here for now, I may well delete it soon. If you do want to read book reviews you should head over to my writing blog where I have written a little about the book I am currently reading.

Here are a few photos to keep you going until I have something more to write about.






A quickly made cake for the birthday boy

A £1.50 charity shop find. More planning!


Comments