A day by the seaside and an array of wooden heads!

Worthing seafront
Considering all the nice weather we have been having down south I had to choose the one rainy and windy day about a week ago to visit Worthing. When I looked at the forecast it was set fair, besides it was the only day that week I had free. My brother was spending a week there and I thought it would nice to visit him for a day. I had visions of a nice bit of promenading. Well, the wind was so strong it hurt my ears so I'm afraid I suggested we turn back into the town. We spent time having lunch and hot drinks. However, it was nice to catch up.



We did brave the pier and I was fascinated by the glass panels on the partition, including one that said that Jane Austen's visit to Worthing inspired the writing of Sanditon, which I'm currently enjoying. On the way back to the station I suggested a quick visit to the Museum & Art Gallery. I'd noticed there was an exhibition. I found Robert Koenig's wooden head sculptures fascinating. In the middle was a walk in display where viewers were encouraged to touch the panels (minding the splinters). The exhibition finishes on 21st September if you want to see it.

As soon as I was on the train platform waiting to go home the clouds parted and the sun came out. Typical! Never mind. We made the most of.

Panel on the Pier Partition



The Pier

Robert Koenig's Memorial Structure







Comments