A fleeting visit to Hastings

 

Alexander Park, Hastings

Last week I visited a relative in Hastings Hospital. My son drove me, and we took Rue. We found a lovely park called Alexander Park in Hastings to have lunch. There are lovely walks there, so after my son dropped me at the hospital he drove back to park with Rue.




Later my son picked me up, and we drove down to Hastings Old Town. We had just an hour fore going home, but time enough for a quick walk on the beach and a drink, plus a little wander. I do like this part of Hastings. The shops are quaint. Last time I was here, I spent ages walking around an antique shop. Around every corner there was another part. It seemed endless. Down by the beach, there is a museum and art gallery and lots of other things worth having a look at. 





Hastings is very hilly and normally I travel by train and miss all that. Coming by car, we had a fantastic view as you come down into the town. I wish I'd had my camera ready for that. This is an interesting coast line and I have walked from Bexhill to St Leonard's in the past. Hastings isn't much further on, so very doable. I have vowed to go back soon.



Rue hates getting his feet wet, but a few treats thrown on the water's edge did it!





Comments