Poetry and music

Entered three poems into the National Poetry Competition today and took the plunge and joined the Poetry Society.  Am also working my way through a book called 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron.  It's a twelve week course in discovering and recovering your creative self.  It might be just what I need!  One of tasks is to write three pages every morning without stopping to read, correct etc.  It began like a journal of everyday boring things...which I got bored with, so now I end up writing one or two pages in a short story style about all sorts of weird and wonderful things which have included a chair, wheat and a carpet (don't ask!).  I supposed that means it might be working.  There are other tasks, a few of which I have done but at least it has got me writing something.  I'm only in the first week, so watch this space.

Idea:  If someone suggests an object or theme I will try and write a poem or flash fiction on it.  A good exercise for me and fun for you (hopefully).

Hurt my back earlier moving furniture around in my son's bedroom.  I hope it's only temporary (my back problem, not moving his furniture!).

This has been such a busy week.  I am surrounded by papers and orders to do with my roles in Mothers' Union, along with two meetings in three days.  I do love it but like all these things it tends to take up more time than you think.  This time of year is always particularly busy.  Anyway, next week I hope to have a more leisurely week, maybe catch up on some reading and I have a lunch date with a friend to look forward to.

Tried to get tickets to a concert by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra next month but they've all sold out.  Very disappointing.  While we ponder over the government cuts, and I am pretty angry about the rise in transport fares, though that's the Mayor Boris, not government, chill out and de-stress to a favourite I will miss by not being at the concert!

Comments