Week four of 'The Artist's Way' is proving interesting.  One of the things I should not do this week is read.  When I read that I thought how am I going to survive?  I am addicted to books and reading.  I read every moment I have free (virtually).  Immediately I was working out what I could do instead. I think the idea is that you get so angry that you write!  Well, I have found other things to do.....puzzles, especially Sudoku!  I usually read before I go to sleep.  Instead I'm now listening to a relaxing CD (but I have to get out of bed to switch it off).  I did forget today and glanced through the local newspaper and I do still use my daily Bible readings notes - that has to stay, but I haven't waivered other than that - no books.  I guess it's helped that this week has been pretty busy so not much time to read anyway. 

I did write a poem based on my travels in London at the weekend but my actual writing hasn't increased.  I am really not sure what I will get out of this book in the end but it has drawn out things in myself that perhaps I hadn't considered before so perhaps all is not lost.

On Tuesday I had the house to myself and decided to get crafty......I made some Christmas cards.  I'd forgotten how fulfilling it is.  I ended up making 40 cards and am really pleased with them.  Whilst cutting and sticking I worked my way through a few CD's - Owl City, Sons of Korah, The Fray, Akon and The Corrs, plus a Latvian rock band CD that I really like!  A right mixed bunch. 

Christmas is seems to be creeping up very quickly and my diary is getting full. I do love this time of year.  Who says it's just for kids?  Summer and Christmas - my favourite times in the year.  More on that soon.

What is your favourite time of year and why?

Comments