Holiday thoughts and photos

While I was in Hull I went to the Ferens Art Gallery especially because I noticed that they had the David Hockney Bigger Trees Near Warter canvases.  I missed this when it was on display in London but I had seen the film on TV about how he achieved this marvelous painting.  It is truly amazing to see.

The day after I returned from Hull I joined our church's pilgrimage at Southwark Cathedral.  I arrived in time for the 12.30 Eucharist service in the Harvard Chapel and then we had lunch in the cathedral courtyard before going on a guided walk around the streets close to Borough Market.  Here are a few photos along with some others of my holiday etc.  Hope you enjoy them.
Me by the Humber Bridge on the Lincolnshire side

The Deep has the deepest underwater tunnel of all aquariums in Europe
Southwark, London.  This is graveyard that was discovered where prostitutes and their unbaptised babies were buried long ago (unconsecrated ground).  People now leave ribbons tied to the gates with messages to remember them.

Maisie and Cocoa our sweet but crazy guinea pigs

Comments