Davy Jones RIP - 1945-2012



I heard the sad news yesterday of the death of my first heartthrob - Davy Jones.  Davy was part of the popular 60's group The Monkees and I watched all their TV shows and have several of their original 45's as well as two or three LP's and a Greatest Hits CD.  They had so many hits, such as I'm A Believer, Valleri, Words, Daydream Believer, Last Train To Clarksville and many more.  It hits you when someone you 'grew up with' dies and he was only ten years older than me (still young in my book!).  I have the urge to play all the Monkees songs.  One song that Davy sang was I Wanna Be Free and I just love it.  They may have been the first 'manufactured' band but they were different and their songs are still played today.

Davy, you will be missed, but your voice will go on. RIP


Comments