A play, Mother's Day and a mix up!

Sculpture outside Royal Academy of Arts, London
On Saturday afternoon I went to see The Lady From The Sea, a Henrik Ibsen play.  I really enjoyed it and the set was good.  It starred Joely Richardson, but the actor I knew was Malcolm Storry who played her husband.  I've seen him in lots of things, but can't pinpoint what.

Although I went on my own I got chatting to a man (also on his own) who'd come from Norfolk (where he had retired) to see this play and was going on to Richmond to see another play that night.  He was a complete 'play bluff' and knew about actors, writers, dates, you name it, he knew it. I said I just came because it sounded good!

Yesterday (Mother's Day) I had cards from the offspring and younger son made lunch.  I was sitting enjoying a nice rest after a busy morning in church where I had read a lesson for the first time (legs were shaking!) and our Mothers' Union branch had a bake sale after the service. Then came a call from my husband's friend who was supposed to be coming to stay tonight and tomorrow night.  Somehow the dates had been mixed up and he was already in London and on his way!  I said 'come slowly!'.  We then frantically had to tidy up and I put the hoover round.  There was barely any food in the house as I'd not had time to shop and was going to do that today in readiness!  Luckily there are always some standbys.  He's gone off to some business show today and the weather is nice so I have been able to sit outside for a bit and get two wash loads out on the line.

Tomorrow my hubby is going with his friend to the Ideal Home Exhibition and I'll get the house to myself for a bit (friend going home from exhibition tomorrow).  We've had a good laugh over the mix up and he always fits in with us (we are a base for his visits to exhibitions in London so he's out all day anyway.).

Comments