Taking stock

What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday the park was full of children in t.shirts and mums in skimpy tops. Today the park is back to the dog walkers and the few children and parents there are have come wrapped up in padded jackets and woolly hats.  The temperate has dropped by at least eight degrees and it feels like winter again.  It's dull, overcast and cold.

I guess it's the norm; the kids broke up from school yesterday for the Easter holidays.  Mention a holiday and the weather goes into decline!  Still Easter/Spring is a time of new life, the daffodils may almost be fading but bring on the tulips.  Out of my window I see red and yellow ones and the Rowan tree is in bud and the birds are certainly getting down to nest building.

New Year is often the only time we may think about what changes we might make and  where our life is at,  but I tend to do this a few times in the year.  Easter is a good time and other Bank Holidays as these are often the only times when I have  to switch off for a while.  These last few weeks have been very busy, sometimes these were commitments and others for leisure activities.  But now I have those stirrings to reassess where I am, how have I been doing, did I accomplish those new year's resolutions.  For the latter I'd say 'not really'!  The shelves in the lounge did get sorted and I got rid of a lot but soon filled with other things which were waiting for a home!  I have cleaned and sorted the big double wall cupboard in the kitchen (and ousted a few rather out of date items!), I got the bathroom sorted, the grouting cleaned and the spots of mould on the ceiling by the shower removed (had help with this due to my arm).  I went through my chest of drawers and bedside cabinet but have still yet to tackle the wardrobe. As for the Italian, it started well and went the way of the German course (but one day I'll get back to it!).

Yesterday evening I spent ages on the internet looking through courses at the Open University but made no decision.  The costs are so high now and I'm not sure what I want to do.  It's quite nice not to be doing anything much right now and maybe I can catch up on my letter writing, book and magazine reading and listening to music.  However, I'm not content to sit around for long. I get bored!  So I guess I'll be looking for new outlets soon (though it would be good to finally finish some things I started - that should be my biggest goal!!).

Comments