Gloriana takes to torch to Tower Bridge

Mascot
What a day!  On the spur of the moment I decided to go up to London to see the Olympic torch coming up the Thames.  I could have seen it in Kingston but I was too tired to drag my body out of bed so early again.  Then I found that the Gloriana would be at South Bank about 11.45am, so off I went.  Hope you like some of the photos I took, originally from Hungerford Bridge and then I ended up walking to Tower Bridge so I could take a photo of the rings.  Saw Boris Johnson!  On the way back I had lunch at Southwark Cathedral where the Swiss Olympic team have set up in the courtyard with free events (and I got free sweets and a Lindor chocolate!).  As I came past Tate Modern I decided to go in and see the Edvard Munch exhibition which I wanted to see - not disappointed, great stuff.

I have to say that at Waterloo station there were loads of 2012 volunteers on hand to help people and I am impressed with the organisation.  Opening ceremony tonight - can't wait.  More soon!
My freebie cheering drum!
Red Zone of Switzerland, Southwark Cathedral

Comments