Running.......woe is me!

Woe is me!  The running has been going well but this morning when I got up I noticed that my right knee hurt a little just under the socket.  I went running anyway (stupid of me) and now it really does hurt.  I'm so frustrated because things were just beginning to improve.  I was alternating between jogging for one minute and walking for about one minute so that on my 20 minute 'run' I was actually jogging for about 7 minutes in total.  I was gradually building up that time and had got to one and half minutes so a total jog of 9 minutes and by next week I'd hoped to increase to 2 minute jogs.  I even bought a stopwatch, sports bra, socks and a new pair of jogging bottoms yesterday and now it seems I have knackered my knee.  I run every other day so tomorrow would be my rest day but I think I will be resting a bit longer than that.  I only hope that I can get back into it soon and not have start from scratch again.  I'm so disappointed - maybe my age is catching up with me - it's not fair.

Comments