My day in the Olympic Park

Sorry about the order of photos - haven't time to sort it!
Goal! The third GB goal
Gloriania
Wembley
Team GB warming up
Boy oh boy! I am tired - all this olympic activity, watching on TV and yesterday I actually went to the Olympic Park.  That was the greatest experience and even as I left home I could feel the butterflies and the excitment mounting.  Getting  to the venue was very easy and I want to praise the volunteers - they are temendous, fun, helpful, one even took our photo so we could have one taken all together.  The gardens are beautiful and were reasonably quiet when we arrived.  Only gripe is the queue for food/drink and the 2012 shops (the shop had queues just to get in!).  The free drinking fountains (water) only seemed to be in the event areas - which had queues!).  We bought a bottle of water for £1.60 (you can't take liquids in to the park so you have to buy).  Next time I will take more food as well! Have to say there were plenty of toilets! 

We had tickets for two games of womens hockey - the first was a between Belguim and China which wasn't that exciting and ended in a 0-0 draw.  Team GB was the second game.  We played Korea.  That was very exciting and we won 5-3.  The weather was very mixed, one minute we were taking shelter under umbrellas from the rain and it felt quite chilly, the next it was hot and we were stripping off layers.  We actually caught the sun on our faces!  An amazing day, one of life's hightlights.

The night before my youngest son went to Wembley and saw Team GB play.  I've included some of his photos here too as he used my camera.  I'm off there tonight!
Aquatic Centre

Stratford


Comments