A little charity working, sport and a play

This week is really making up for the mess of last week. Yesterday I was back working in Oxfam for a morning, covering the till. It was good to see my old friends and fall into banter with the manager as usual.. We had our busy times and slow times. People were popping in to put money in our Philippines Appeal tin and I was learning the new set up of the til futures. These days everything scans except donated items so it is much easier.

Today I was back at my sport class after missing last week (I had a better offer!).  Obviously missing a week works for me as I had periods of playing very good short tennis.  I even amazed myself.  I'm beginning to get some speed into my serve at last, it's as if something has clicked in the technique.  I'm really pleased as I've not served that hard since my days of 'proper' tennis many moons ago. It also means that my shoulder has fully recovered.  It's been a long haul.

This afternoon was my theatre visit to The Rose to see Medea.  I studied this Greek tragedy with the Open University as part of the Certificate in Humanities course some years ago. I never thought I'd ever enjoy studying it but as time went on I really did.  So I was intrigued to see how the play would be dealt with.  I knew there was aerial work in it and that sounded different.  It didn't disappoint. I was totally captivated by the performance and the aerial work was great and seemed very natural to the story which came back to me as I watched. If you'd like to know the story of this play, first performed in 431 BC, click here.

It's a very short play and it was all over in about an hour and a quarter but the time flew by (no pun intended!).  I'm so glad I went.

Comments