Playing musical games

And on drums........
My eldest son has just bought a load of second hand Rock Band and Guitar Hero games with two guitars, drums and microphone after playing it with work colleagues recently. He asked me if I wanted a go. What a silly question! I tried out the guitar first. I was hopeless, used to strumming a real guitar, but I did improve...a bit. I moved on to drums....I've always wanted to play drums......but wasn't great at that either but we had great fun until my hubby came up and took the drum sticks away. Apparently the banging was going through the ceiling!  Another night I decided to have a go at singing and scored 100% on The Beatles Do You Want A Know A secret!

Today my son had a day off work and with hubby out we brought the game and all its paraphernalia downstairs and were able to have another go at drums. I improved, especially on Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran) but it was the singing I loved (surprise, surprise). I  had a go at My Woman From Tokyo (Deep Purple), Do You Feel Like I Do (Peter Frampton), So Lonely (The Police) and Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits) to name a few. Level-wise I stuck to easy and medium. My son likes the guitar and drums (he's pretty good but then he's practiced more than me) but won't sing!

Right now at choir we are learning a new song for our concert on Wednesday 16th April at The Rose at high noon! The song is one of my favourites of The Cure, namely Love Song. We have the old band back together to accompany us so it should be a good gig.




Comments