The motivation of lists and a touch of Arabic dancing

It has been a hectic few days but full of different things - just the way I like it. A couple of weeks ago I drew up a list of things to do in the house because I realised that I just drift at home. I do the essentials and that's it (never one to do housework when there is something better on offer!). But spring cleaning never got done this year and here we are in autumn and I looked at my house and thought, gosh it's not in a good shape!

I function much better when I set myself goals so it was time for a list. Lists motivate me because I love to be able to tick things off when they are done - a great deal of satisfaction flows through me then and I can see the results. So I have been on a mission and am gradually working through my list, so inside windows are getting cleaned along with the UPVC frames which are devils but now how white they look! (We live close to a busy by-pass so everything gets so grubby) Yesterday I dragged hubby away from his Sunday afternoon TV to help measure windows for nets and curtains.

My youngest son is in Australia for three weeks but returns at the weekend so today I shall take his curtains down to wash and dust and hoover his room. Normally he does it but when he is away I like to make it nice for him - and he never thinks of skirting boards! He is, I have to say, the tidiest in our household, whereas I refuse to touch my other son's room where at present you can't even open the wardrobe door because of things piled up against it. He tells me he is going to tidy it - yeah, see those flying pigs?

Away from all this autumn cleaning I have been out dancing - oh yes - not ballroom (not me) but getting on down to some great Arabic music. We have a Syrian Orthodox Church who use our church once a month for their own service and they invited us to a social evening. About twelve from our church went along. They were friendly and surprised we actually turned up. The event was free and we just bought food and any extra drinks (they supplied a large bottle of water per table). It was a good evening, especially when the music got going and some Syrian ladies began dancing. I love Arabic music and have a yearning to belly dance! Anyway, a few of us got up to dance and it was wonderful. You cannot sit still once that beat starts. No wonder some parts of my body still ache from Friday night. I could have danced all night (isn't that from some musical?!). We were still talking about it in church yesterday - I think I surprised a few people, they saw a another side of me!



Saturday night I went along to a quiz night but was of no help at all. The questions were SO hard and hardly anything I know about - music, books, art and entertainment - came up. Somehow we came third but I contributed very little, I am ashamed to say. Still it was fun and for a good cause, Great Ormond Street Hospital.

And so into another week. I have a story I am well into right now and it has consumed me for the last two days. I do not know from whence it came (sorry). My ideas just arrive. In the meantime I have curtains to take down, shopping to do and a list of things still to be completed.

Comments