A day at Shoreham-by-Sea


On Shoreham-by-Sea beach
Is it hot enough for everyone? I'm not sure where to go. The whole house is hot. Perhaps the front is slightly better now but there's not much in it. I was writing a letter earlier but I can't do another. Thought I'd type it instead. Shame the laptop's red hot! I am at this moment freezing a bottle of water read to wrap and put it in the guinea pig cage to try and keep them cool. I've opened their door and given them the run of the lounge. They came out briefly and are now back flopping wherever they are happiest.

Yesterday hubby and I escaped London and set off on the train to Shoreham-by-Sea, somewhere I have often been through but never stopped. It looked pretty, so decided it needed closer inspection. It is quaint with little independent shops in the town, it has a couple of nice churches and the town overlooks the River Adur. To get the beach you have to cross either the footbridge (which was closed for repairs) or go across via the busy road. We sat overlooking the river for lunch and then ventured along the road and down some side roads to reach the beach. We had to go up a bank of stones and shingle and down the other side. The sea looked enticing on such a hot day and there was a little sand as the tide was going out, so it was off with sandals and in for a paddle. The sea was wonderful. I don't often fancy a whole dip in the sea but I could quite easily have done yesterday.

Later we decided to take a footpath which passed Shoreham Airport. This is a small airport for light aircraft. Soon I was fascinated by the little planes and watched them taking off. I took loads of photos! We ended up on a round trip. crossing over another footbridge to St Nicholas Church to have a quick look round it. I'd spotted a pub nearby and we ended up there for some liquid refreshment before walking back through Old Shoreham to the station and home.
Overlooked here for lunch

Very happy after my paddle!


Shoreham Airport

Lancing college





St Nicholas Church


The Red Lion Inn, our stop for liquid refreshment

Comments