Free ticket, free food tastings and great buys......Just V Show

Great Food UK stall
Today hubby and I went off to the Just V Show at Olympia, London. This show also incorporated The Allergy & Free From Show and Love Natural, Love Organic. I went because I love the food, hubby went because it was free! He asked me if we should buy some sandwiches beforehand. No, I said because there are free food tastings which add up to lunch! It didn't disappoint (although I never found any vegan ice cream).

There were many demos and talks from all sorts of groups and exhibitors including Sainbury's. Highlight for me was being able to buy the vegetarian version of Parmesan cheese. It is impossible to buy in any shops near me. However, I've discovered Bookham & Harrison Farms Ltd who make it have an online service and will deliver. Fantastic. We bought a huge block and this will cut up into smaller sections and be frozen. In the fridge it is supposed to keep for five months once opened. Oh I could talk about this for a long time....but I won't!

I tried all sorts of things from a yogurt drink and a dairy free yogurt to a detox drink (very green), ginger beer (ah, that's more like it), cookies, vegan sausages, chocolate and the great freshly heated snacks from Great Food UK (vegetables, herbs and spices). We went back for seconds and bought three packs of them!

The other find (drool coming) was the jelly sweets. My eldest son (also veggie) misses Haribo sweets (they only make one gelatin free variety) and here were about six varieties. I was on them straightaway, tasting nearly all of them. The are made by Goody Good Stuff (says it all). They had an offer of 3 for 2. Well, such was my excitement that I dropped all my money and kindly people helped me pick up (thank you). Now, originally I bought them for my son but I think I might have to fight him for them! No, we'll share. Woah...just discovered Waitrose sell them!!

Strangely, as I was standing around trying to decide which aisle to go down next and find my hubby (we lost each other several times), I was collared by a man from The Dogs Trust (did you get the pun?). I'm a sucker for animals, children and a whole heap of other things and ended up sponsoring a dog called Bo. Looking forward now to my welcome pack.

I was very temped by the bamboo products. The scarves were so soft. Did I really need another scarf? Probably not. I didn't look at prices as I was caressing their silkiness! I can always order one online.

All in all, a good day. Shame about the vegan ice cream - maybe I missed it. There were lots of people there. Tesco sell a mean vegan cornetto pack which I recently discovered and I think Waitrose sell Swiss Glace which is also delicious. Although I'm not completely dairy free I do dabble with it. I use soya milk and spreads but I do use milk in sauces when I cook for everyone. I have also baked vegan cakes and have a whole recipe book on tofu (bet you never realised there were so many uses for it. I've yet to try it for desserts).


Nice hamper from Doves


Some goodies and leaflets

Comments