Being obsessed and a quick book review

As you will have noticed I am on my third Inspector Montalbano Mystery book in a row. I have become completely obsessed with the books and now also the TV series running on BBC4 on Saturday nights - The Young Montalbano. The actor who plays the young Inspector is Michele Riondino and he is so gorgeous! I am very happy to sit through two hours of English subtitles to watch (no drool) over him.

The books are so humorous that I laugh out loud and annoy my husband! As always with me the crime is incidental to the humour - not sure it should be that way round but I just love Salvo's interaction with his staff and others. The latest book is one I picked up from the library today. I've been after this one for a while as I prefer to read the series in order but that hasn't quite happened, so this one is filling in a gap.

Red - vibrant - yellow - sunny!
I also finally finished Anam Cara by John O'Donohue which is about Celtic Wisdom. I normally enjoy anything Celtic but I struggled with this one, even though it was recommended to me. Some parts sat better than others. I did identify with what was said about colour. Colours are important to me - they affect my mood. I love light and fling curtains wide to let in as much as possible. I also love the colour yellow. A lot of my house is painted yellow! Today I'm wearing a yellow top and sweatshirt! I also love red but it can also be too much sometimes. I can remember coming home wearing a lot of red and I had to change because it was too overpowering. I'm not keen on dark colours and especially black. I avoid them especially when I'm not feeling good as they depress me. My facourite colours to wear are turquoise/mint and cerise. I also like lime green but I have to be careful with it as it can drain my face.

Getting away from colour the book talks about love and friendship, having time, work, getting older and death - last parts are very depressing subjects but dealt with so well. It all made sense to me but it didn't keep me riveted. Maybe I read the book at the wrong time - I'm very much a person who believes that. Some books come at the right time in your life, others not. I'm strange that way.

Comments