Reading...in gneneral

Gorgeous or what?
Having finished an excellent book of Ian Rankin's I'm staying in the same frame of mind and have started reading one of my Christmas presents - Excursion to Tindari by Andrea Camillieri. Because I am pretty hooked on both these authors of detective stories I am slowly reading through their whole back catalogue. They won't be books I will be reviewing (sorry). I have reviewed them in the past but they have similar formats and only the story lines are different. You know what you are getting once you've read a couple (that's not to say each hasn't something different to offer). Anyway, I am particularly hooked on Camillieri's books and have read a fair few now. I haven't seen the TV series, though I have watched most of The Young Montalbano, prequel to the main books, all two hours of Italian with English sub-titles. I love it and now own my very first Box Set!

It took me a long time to get to reading Ian Rankin but I'm beginning to really like his work. I have several books in my possession waiting to be read. Both authors books are quick reads, entertaining, often gritty (Rankin) and hilarious (Camillieri). They are an indulgence. Books to sink into and enjoy.

Comments