Holland Park with a Pokemon hunter!

I always find London amazing. There is so much green space. Today I went to Holland Park and checked out the Kyoto Garden, a beautiful place with waterfall, peacocks and fish. Holland Park is also well known, among Pokemon hunters, as a good catching area. I know this (sadly) because techie son is one such hunter! He asked if I'd like to go there and as it was on my list of places to visit I wasn't going to say no.

Yes, there were indeed many groups of small boys busy with their mobiles hunting out and catching these little critters and there was even a notice on gate of the Kyoto Garden reminding Pokemon players that this was a peaceful area and to respect that. None of this detracted from the lovely gardens and surrounding walks. There was a moist earthy aroma in the air, shades of early autumn with bright sunlight and dark shadows. There were many pathways to follow and things to see. Here are a few photos. (Techie son was disappointed that he didn't catch as many Pokeman as he'd hoped, but he enjoyed the day and somehow I ended up paying for his lunch!)











Fountains at Holland Park House (not open to the public)


Mr Pokemon hunter himself



Comments