Two Christmas Fairs

It was a busy old weekend. On Saturday hubby and I headed off to Winchester for the day. I don't really need an excuse to go there as I love it so much, but I had one. I was going to the Crafty Women Fair at the Guildhall. It was very good with stalls selling cake plates, jewellery, knitted and felt items, cards, decorations and so on. I bought two packs of New Forest Chocolates as fillers for the boys. The samples I tasted were lovely!

While in Winchester we also went along to the Discovery Centre to see two small art exhibitions - Alice Kettle's Threads and an exhibition about the River Itchen by Lorraine Morris and Lizzie McKellar. I preferred the latter as it was more my kind of thing, all those vibrant colours.

The Christmas Market was absolutely packed so we quickly got out of there. The day was drizzly but it didn't stop the Salvation Army Band, the Winchester University Buskers and another band who were playing in the precinct. It all  helps with that Christmasy atmosphere.

On Sunday I went along to Morley College Winter Fair. After all the courses I've taken with them over the years I thought it was about time I turned up to one of their fairs. I was impressed with the range of goods on sale. Much like the Winchester fair there was jewellery and scarves, coasters made from London maps (bought three of those), felt and knitted goods, wrapping paper and note books.

Upstairs in the refectory they were serving mince pies and mulled wine. There were more stalls selling home made jams and cakes. There was also street food and in the basement taster classes were taking place in various skills. I didn't try any of those. You had to sign up beforehand and I was a little short of time because I was due at an Advent service later. It was certainly a weekend of fairs and Christmas enjoyment. As always here a few photos from my weekend.

Winchester - making merry in the rain


Winchester University Buskers



The Mill, Winchester

Exhibit - Threads Exhibition

Sketchbooks - River Itchen
.....
Morley College Winter Fair - Craft Fair
My little purchase just for me!



Comments