Travelling on what will be the Elizabeth Line

Trains for the Elizabeth Line
I've become rather nerdy over Crossrail. Please feel to slap me if I ever start train spotting! Having said that today I rode on the new train from Liverpool Street - the one that ends up at Shenfield - the line to be named the Elizabeth Line. Hubby and I were lucky to ride on one of the new trains because there are still plenty of older trains still running on that line. The excitement overflowed!

We travelled out to Harold Wood. This is the furthest you can go using an Oyster Card (it's in Zone 6). What is at Harold Wood you might ask. Good question. I knew there were a couple of parks (I did my homework but lacked a map (no I'm not yet into Smartphone maps). We did find a park in the end - Harold Wood Park which led into Pages Wood  We had a lovely walk before returning to the station. This time it was not a new train we had and this time we also changed at Stratford to the Jubilee Line which was more convenient for getting home.

Interior

Harold Wood Station (bye, bye, train)

It was good to visit somewhere different. In Harold Wood there are a lot of new apartments being built. I guess with the new line it will make it easier for people to get into London. Other things we noticed on the route was new seating on some of the platforms; nice wooden ones with purple armrests at each end (purple is the colour of the new line). There is also lots of work still going on at stations like bridges and steps. At Harold Wood station the old building is not in use at the moment and entrance is at the side. Workmen are busy there right now. I was relieved (literally) to find that the station has toilets (on the side going into London). They look like they've had a makeover with new appliances and shiny white tiling.

Last week I ended up at the Whitechapel Gallery viewing art works for Crossrail stations and getting excited about signage at Tottenham Court Road (which is still under wraps). Yes, I have it bad!

Where to next? I have tentative plans for next week - nothing to do with Crossrail this time!

Following the London Loop Route, Harold Wood


Lovely Idea - pick your own herbs (Harold Wood Park)





Under wraps the Crossrail notice hidden under the Central Line notice
(Tottenham Court Road)

Crossrail Artists and where their work will be found
(Whitechapel Gallery)

Whitechapel station notice

Liverpool Street Station

Found on the hoardings at Liverpool Street Station 

Comments

  1. I think you're safe from the trainspotting thing if you actually go on the trains – it's hanging out at level crossings to watch them go by which is a bit weird. (Not that being a bit weird is always a bad thing.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment