An afternoon in Brighton

Brighton seafront
On Friday I took myself off to Brighton. I was going particularly to see an author chat at the library, but got my days mixed up and found I'd missed it (it was last Tuesday). However, I still enjoyed the afternoon. The weather was warm and sunny and Brighton was busy (when isn't it?). I do feel though that Brighton is going through a down time. There is much work going on along the seafront which I'm sure will look great when it's finished. I just feel that Brighton is a bit neglected and run down. Or maybe it is just me. These days I prefer quiet places and enjoy the Marina end of Brighton, and Rottingdean is my favourite place. The older I get the more I prefer the countryside and deserted beaches. I try to avoid crowds as much as possible.

However, Brighton does have some unique shops in the North Street area and is very veggie/vegan friendly. I love the Museum (though I didn't visit this time), and the spectacular Royal Pavilion always get me when I see the domes on the skyline. The sea was lively and I spent rather a lot of time taking photos of the waves.
The Pier




Steine Gardens


The Royal Pavilion



The original house of correction

The Lanes






Comments