Kingston Festival

I always dreamed that one day I would be on stage, but in my dream I was either holding a microphone or playing a guitar! Well, today I was on stage with Euphonix and what a feeling that was. Kingston was buzzing with different performers and it was colourful. I met up with a some of the other members and we joined where the parade was starting from but we waited and waited and still the parade hadn't moved off. In the end we had to leave so that we would have time for a quick warm up/run through outside the Rose Theatre. There we had a small audience who gave us a round of applause! Then it was onwards to the stage to wait our turn. We had to compete with other noises around the market place, where the stage was, and trying to pitch our starting note was a little tricky. Dominic (our musical director) had a tuning fork and was using the buckle on his trouser belt to get the note! The stage was smaller than I thought when we were up there and I was terrified that Dominic would step back too far and fall off the edge. He got close to the edge a few times. The three songs went off well and we really did project our voices (we had to!). We all felt very proud of ourselves afterwards and our performance seemed to go down well with the audience.



I hung around afterwards to see some of the other performers, especially as there was a Michael Jackson tribute act, Bollywood dancers, and Afro Carribean, African dance and Chinese dance and instrument group and an Indian dance group. There were also stalls, rides, food and another stage near the Rose Theatre for more professional performers. I hope you like the photos of Euphonix and some of the other performers.

Comments