Christmas is Coming!

Thought you might like to see a small selection of the Christmas cards I have made for this year.  Do you like them?

Christmas goodies - updated version of The Christmas Story on http://www.paperlesschristmas.org.uk/

I have been dreaming of Cottage Pies.  Why, you might ask?  Well, on Saturday I was serving lunches at our church Christmas Fair and it was really busy.  The day before I'd make a vegetarian cottage pie and an apple crumble ready for the fair.   My helpers were also making filled rolls and serving drinks, mince pies, cheese scones, cakes and biscuits.  I was working with two industrial size overns and two gas rings (for mixed veg and gravy) as well as the food warmer.  Had a panic when the gravy went into huge lumps but a friend came to my rescue.  I was shattered by the time I got home.  I was complimented on my veggie cottage pie so was really pleased.  The church took over £2,000 on the day.

I was reading today about the decline of Tigers.  These statistics say it all:

Begal Tiger - 1,850 estimated left in the world
Indochinese Tiger - 350
Malayan Tiger - <500
Amur (Siberian) Tiger 450
Sumatran Tiger <400

In my lifetime we have already lost the Caspan Tiger (1950s) and Javan Tiger.  Also extinct is the Bali Tiger. The China Tiger is also most probably extinct as it has not been seen since the 1970's.  The causes include lack of habitat as man moves in and destroys it and poaching for the Chinese Medicine Trade.  It would be dreadful to lose these beautiful animals.  Go to http://www.org.uk/ to find out more.

Comments