Here are some photos I took of St Dunstans-in-the-East, a church which is now a City garden.  It was rebuilt after the Great Fire of London and then demolished in the Blitz.  Only Christopher Wren's tower remains.  The garden is a little oasis and can be found near The Monument and London Bridge. The garden was designed by The City of London Architects and Parks Department in 1971 and won a Landscape Heritage Award in 1976.  It is quite beautiful. 

Also here are some other photos I took yesterday by the Tower of London and St Katherine's Dock, including the paper boat!  It was pulled along by another boat - quite a sight. 

I came back via The Millennium Bridge and along the Thames.  I nipped inside the Royal Festival Hall and there were people hula-hooping to 60's music on the dance floor!  Outside, at the back of the building was a food market selling all sorts of things - cheese, bread, sausages, olives, chocolate, hot snacks and vegan food.  Nice smells!  There is always something going on in London and as we get nearer to Christmas there will be more markets and the Frost Fair next month.  Lots to look forward to.

I am a quarter of the way through The Artist's Way 12 week course book.  I have to say that the 'morning pages' aren't my favourite thing!  They sometimes turn out to be a moan of the previous days events or a 'to do' list, but I have written the odd short story or poem (not sure that's what I'm supposed to do but I need to do something to relieve the boredom of it).  I got really into one story.  I hadn't felt like that for years.  At some point I will have some writing to edit and that's no bad thing.  One of the tasks each week is to have an 'artist's date' - some time out to do something creative.  Last week I bought some crafting supplies as I hope to make a few Christmas cards again this year.  It was enjoyable to plan an hour out.  Yesterday, as you can see, I was out taking photos in London and visiting places I'd not been before.  I wonder what I will do this week!

What would you plan to do with some free time on your own?

Sorry about the way Blogger has split the text.  I tried to edit it but only made it worse so have stuck with the original layout which is still better than before!





Comments

Post a Comment